Choosing an institution is easy as the thought of it, but financing and being successful at it is no strolling thing.
However, there’s always a way around it. As an international student, the Albukhary International University Scholarship is your sure bet to come out fulfilled in your pursuit to study abroad.
About the AIU
Albukhary International University (AIU) is a private university located in Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia. It was established in 2010 and offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in fields such as business, engineering, and Islamic studies.
The university aims to provide a high-quality education to its students, incorporating elements of both Western and Eastern cultures, as well as promoting ethical and moral values. AIU has a reputation for having state-of-the-art facilities and a strong commitment to research and innovation.
Albukhary International University Scholarship
The Albukhary International University Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship offered by Albukhary International University (AIU). The scholarship is awarded to high-achieving students who demonstrate academic excellence and potential. The scholarship covers full or partial tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses.
Albukhary International Scholarship is a donation from a Malaysian charitable trust, Albukhary Foundation. The scholarship is valued at £20,000 on three years of consistent studies. With easy-to-follow guidelines throughout the academic period successively.
The Albukhary International University Scholarship Program was created in 2005 and targeted positive character development and access to higher education through selfless community service. However, the foundation thrives by working with other big names in the world such as:
- University of Oxford
- University of York
- Warwick University
- IBN Haldun University
- AIMST University
The Albukhary International University Scholarship is highly competitive and will have your financial background thoroughly screened as the financial background is one of the criteria for meriting the Scholarship.
The specific criteria and application process for the Albukhary International University Scholarship may vary from year to year. And this article is to guide you on what the 2023 AIU Scholarship requirements are.
To qualify to apply for the Albukhary International University Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Age between 18 and 22 years old.
- English Language requirements.
- Single marital status.
- International students with household income below USD 300.
- High school certificate/ Diploma; Basic; Matriculation; Minimum CGPA of 2.80 STPM or with Minimum STAM Jayyid.
- Minimum two subjects with Credit, inclusive of English Language at O Level; SPM; GSCE.
- At least 5.5 band score on IELTS; 550 for TOEFL; band score of 4 for MUET.
Interview Cut-off Points
This is the status rate at which you’ll be considered to be admitted to the Scholarship program. They include:
- Socio-Economic Status: 40%
- Communication Skills: 25%
- Personality & Attitude: 20%
- Defense of Personal Statement: 15%
AIU Scholarship Required Documents
On meeting the eligibility to apply for the Albukhary International University Scholarship, you’re to provide the following documents:
- A Scholarship letter: if you have a sponsor.
- Your fathers’ identification (ID) or death certificate.
- Your mothers’ identification (ID) or death certificate.
- Provide your father’s income statement/declaration with proof of a bank slip.
- Provide your mother’s bank statement/declaration with proof of a bank slip
- Utility bill: electricity or water bill.
- Provide a Verification letter by one of your referees(i.e. a sample template for a scholarship verification letter)
- Provide 3-dimensional photo views of your family home:
- living room
- Personal statement.
- Provide personal bank statement.
- Show a Sample of your family house picture
- Show your Scholarship Verification letter
How to Apply for the Albukhary International Scholarship
When you have All the required documents, you can apply via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You should follow these steps:
- Visit the scholarship website to check the eligibility criteria and to confirm the application period.
- Collect all the required documents, such as transcripts, personal statement, resume, and recommendation letters.
- Fill out the online application form, including any essay questions or additional information requests.
- Make sure that all the required and supporting documents are complete on submission.
- Wait for the decision of the scholarship committee.
If your application is accepted, you’ll be reached by the Scholarship committee for an interview session.
Albukhary International Scholarship Coverages and Non-Coverages
You should take note of the expenses covered and not covered by the AIU.
AIU International Scholarship Covers:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fee.
- Meals Allowance (RM450 per month)
AIU International Scholarship Does Not Cover:
- EMGS – Student Pass remains RM2,500 but the renewal fee is less than RM1,000 inclusive of insurance.
- The one-time Registration Fee is RM750.
- Personal Security Bond is RM1,200: it’s refundable upon completion of studies.
- Return Flight Tickets.
Countries That Are Covered By the Albukhary International Scholarship Program
There are up to hundred plus countries that are covered by the Albukhary International Scholarship; however, here is an excerpt. Following is a link to the full listing:
- New Guinea
- Algeria Ghana
- Angola Grenada
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Guinea Bissau
- Pitcairn Islands
- Republic of Congo
- Armenia, and continued
If you didn’t see your country, see the full listing here
People Also Asked
#1. What is the Cost of Living in Malaysia?
The cost of living in Malaysia is low. It’s beloved that Malaysia offers luxury at a cheap cost. You need about $600 a month to be comfortable living in Malaysia as a single person. with housing cost 59% lower than in the US.
#2. What is the Albukhary University Application fee?
The answer is RM750
The Registration Fee is a one-time payment of RM750. You’re to pay a personal security bond of 1,200 which is refundable upon completion of studies.
Over the decades, Albukhary International University has been lifting the financial constraints off serious International students who couldn’t afford the ever-increasing tuition fees Worldwide. Also, with CGPS as. low as 2.84, you’ll be duly considered for the Albukhary International University Scholarship.
However, for Accurate information about the Albukhary International University Scholarship, kindly refer to the AIU official site.